- Covid-19 Guidance New
- Editor's Preface
- League Tables New
- Ukrainian Legal Market
Practice Areas and Industries Review
- Aircraft and Airports Finance
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Banking Disputes
- Business Crime
- Business Immigration
- Business Protection
- Capital Markets
- Commodities Arbitration
- Competition Investigations
- Contract Law
- Corporate Disputes
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Intelligence
- Counterfeiting and Piracy
- Criminal Process
- Cross-Border Debt Restructuring
- Currency Regulation
- Due Diligence
- Energy Efficiency
- Enforcement of Foreign Awards
- Family Law
- Financial Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Free Trade Agreements
- Government Relations
- International Arbitration
- International Civil Procedure
- International Tax
- IT Law
- Jurisdiction Issues in Commercial Procedure
- Labor & Employment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-Performing Loans
- Political Prosecution
- Private Clients
- Procedural Actions
- Project Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate
- Renewable Energy
- Role of Experts in International Arbitration
- Secured Transactions
- State Aid
- Tax Controversy
- Trade Remedies
- Transfer Pricing
- Unfair Competition
- World Trade Organization
Who Is Who Rankings
- Antitrust and Competition
- Banking & Finance, Debt Restructuring
- Capital Markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Criminal Law/ White-Collar Crime
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Information Technologies, Telecommunications & Media
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration
- International Trade: Trade Remedies/WTO, Commodities, Commercial Contracts
- Labor & Employment
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Private Clients: Wealth Management, Family Law
- Real Estate, Construction, Land
- Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Transport: Aviation, Maritime & Shipping
- Law Firms Profiles
- Lawyers Profiles
6А Reitarska Street, Office 35,
Kyiv, 01034, Ukraine
Tel.:+ 38 097 719 0533
Dictio is a boutique law firm in Ukraine which provides a full range of legal services in real estate and construction, disputes resolution.
The company was founded in 2019 by an attorney and mediator Mrs Olena Shtohryn who takes advantage of her vast experience in civil service, the experience of a corporate lawyer with a developer company and an outsource legal counsellor to a large law firm. The company’s lawyers mastered a wide range of legal instruments from “aggressive” ones, e.g., lawsuits, to mediation and negotiation techniques.
In January 2021, the Dictio team was strengthened by a new partner, an attorney and trustee in bankruptcy Mr Serhii Shtohryn, who specializes in disputes resolution, bankruptcy proceedings, and has experience in compliance consulting and forensic audits.
The company is focused on:
- pre-trial settlement (including alternative methods) and litigation settlement of all kinds of disputes related to the real estate and construction;
- due diligence of real estate and unfinished construction projects for the purpose of their acquisition, restoration, reconstruction, construction completion;
- legal counselling to conclusion of the real estate and construction related contracts;
- advising on the application of the city-planning, land and land-use legislation.
- Teams of 3-10 experienced subject-matter lawyers deal with the company’s projects led by the managing partner Olena Shtohryn.
- To strengthen the clients’ position the firm cooperates with experts in various fields: representatives of the Business Ombudsman Council, professors of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and other leading scientists, court experts, notaries, private executors, arbitration managers, etc.).
- The company is actively building a partner law firms network both in Ukraine and abroad, currently, it has a partner office in Kazakhstan (city of Almaty) and are negotiating with several companies.
- The company’s lawyers are speakers and participants of the key international and national efforts (including the All-Ukrainian School of Real Estate and Construction under the Ukrainian Lawyer Association, the First Mortgage Forum, round tables of the Confederation of Builders of Ukraine, committees of the Ukrainian Advocates’ Association, the International Conference “Transparent Services for the Effective Construction industry”, business meetings Ukraine-Kazakhstan with the support of the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Ukraine, etc.).
- The team takes an active part in the law-making (within the discussions of the Ukrainian Real Estate Club on amendments to the Law On Amendments to the Land Code of Ukraine and other Acts on Land Use Planning, in expert meetings AntiCrisis Measures to Support Renewable Energy at the Trade and Industry Chamber, etc.).
- The managing partner Olena Shtohryn has got a Mediator Certificate of the Ukrainian Mediation Center, the Kyiv-Mohyla Business School, and is on the Collaborative Lawyers list of mediation loyal lawyers, she is an active research advisor in the young scientists’ project “Mediation as an Efficient Method of Pre-Trial Settlement of Disputes”.
- In 2020, the company received the honorary Forbes Ukraine Audience Choice Award within the framework of a small business support project.
- Managing partner Olena Shtohryn several times made it to the TOP-10 of the most promising young lawyers according to the 100 Best Lawyers – Client’s Choice.
The company’s portfolio includes leading international and national companies, construction holdings, investment and development companies, suppliers and manufacturers of construction materials, investors, high net worth individuals, etc. Among them:
- Electrum Ukraine, a representative office in Ukraine of the leading Polish company specializing in comprehensive support to investment projects, construction of energy and industrial projects; Electrum has been building and servicing wind farms and solar farms since 2009.
- Hempel Ukraine, a representative office in Ukraine of the world’s leading supplier of coatings for industrial and infrastructure facilities, ships, containers, yachts;
- DCH, one of the Ukraine’s largest business groups, making investments in Ukraine’s socially important projects in various sectors;
- Denza Group, one of the leading Ukrainian companies in the field of development and implementation of interior solutions for commercial real estate;
- Oniks Build, a leading Ukrainian construction company implementing the residential, commercial, industrial construction and reconstruction projects.
Olena Shtohryn is a managing partner at Dictio, an attorney and mediator with over 13 years of professional experience in the law.